CALL FOR ENTRIES 2020
CALL FOR SHORT FILMS – From April 20th to June 7th 2020
2nd Edition of Panòptic, Mataró Film Festival
Panòptic is a film and visual arts festival that looks at the contemporary world with emphasis on the technology-society binomial. Through audio visual content the Panòptic aims to generate reflection, debate and knowledge about the moment of radical transformation that we as a society are living in the context of the digital age.
The second edition of the festival will take place from september 23th to september 26th 2020 in the city of Mataró (Barcelona, Spain). The festival screens fiction, documentary and animation feature films in different cultural spaces throughout the city. Programed activities take place throughout the festival including round tables, exhibitions and performances.
The Official Selection and the Out of Competition Selection are based on artistic and technical criteria, as well as subject approach to the festival’s content line.
- Registration will be open from 20th April to 7th June 2020.
- Admissions for the Official Selection and the Out of Competition Selection will be announced on July 31th, 2020. If your film is selected you will have to submit the requested files within one week.
- The short films may be from any country.
- The short films must have been produced after January 2019.
- Any short film that fits the festival’s content line can be presented: the look at the contemporary world form the binomial technology-society.
- The short films may be fiction, animation or documentary, but it must explore the topic of the impact of the digital era on society.
- An author can register more than one short film.
- Films can be in any original language and it must be subtitled in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- Films must be under 30 minutes long.
- Panoptic Film Festival does not take any legal responsibility for the short films submitted to the festival and their content.
- The authors of the short films submitted to the festival give up the rights of public screening to Panòptic Festival for the complete duration of the festival, including previous and later communications for promotional purposes of the festival and the films. The authors will be noticed in advance.
- The festival reserves the right of publishing the trailer or a 30 second teaser of the films on its website or its social networks for promotion purposes.
- The documents received will be kept in the festival’s archive.
- Deadline for registration: the registration deadline is 7th June 2020. The festival will not take into consideration films registered after the deadline. The festival reserves the right to extend the registration deadline.
- The registration and material will be submitted online through the application form found in the Panoptic Festival website or through the following platforms:
- The documents required for the registration can be submitted in Catalan, Spanish or English. The registration must include:
- Link to an online screening platform
- Synopsis, technical details and film credits.
- Biography and filmography of the director.
- Registration confirmation e-mails will be sent to all participants
SELECTION PROCESS AND JURY
- The Organization of the Panòptic Festival will designate a jury. The members of the jury will be linked professionally to cinema, new technologies, culture and social movements.
- The organization of the festival will screen the received proposals and choose the short films for the Official Selection and Out of Competition Selection.
- The jury will watch the selected films for the Official Selection and choose the winner of Best Short Film award. The audience attending screenings at the festival will vote and choose the Public Award. The organization of the Panòptic Festival will give Special Mentions when considered appropriate.
Jury Award for Best Short Film: Prize of 200€ + Diploma
Public Award: Prize of 100 € + Diploma
Special Mentions: Diploma
The jury have the right to declare the award null and void.
*Prizes are subject to taxes
If a film is selected for the Official Selection and the Out of Competition Selection the organization will require the following documentation and materials. The documentation will be sent via email to the organization of the Festival within one week after the announcement of the selected films:
- HD file of the Short Film (Blu-Ray or digital format .mov / .mp4 / .avi / .mpeg). Only copies in correct conditions or properly suitable for screening will be accepted.
- Two frames or promotional pictures
- Subtitles in Catalan, Spanish or english must not be integrated (burned in) the film and must be sent in .srt or .stl format.
- DIN A3 poster
- Teaser/Trailer (if existing) to promote the film and the festival through its website and social media.
Films will be screened during the Festival (from the 23th until the 26th of September 2020) in different areas of the Panòptic Festival at the city of Mataró (Barcelona, Spain).
The organization of the festival will decide the date and hour (programming) of the screening of the films. Films will not be screened more than three times without the consent of the author.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATION
The participant declares guarantees and confirms to the Associació Cultural Panòptic:
- That he/she is of legal age.
- That is responsible for these statements and keeps Associació Cultural Panòptic unharmed of breaching the regulation.
- The participants accept all the aforementioned regulations. The regulation will be available for its inquiry. The breach of any of the rules may exclude the participants from the competition.
- Participation in the Panòptic Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations. Therefore, participants authorize Festival Panòptic the publishing of its name and image at the festival website and promotional communications, with informative and non-commercial purposes.
Mataró, April 20th, 2020